Dr. Pramod Sawant
Hon'ble Chief Minister
Shri. Rohan Khaunte
Hon'ble Minister Information Technology
Department of Information Technology, Electronics and Communication (DITE&C) has been created for evolving suitable IT ecosystem with an aim to utilize the benefits of ICT tools for efficient citizen service delivery in a convenient, affordable, accessible and transparent manner thereby making Goa a promising IT destination in the country.
Department of Information Technology,Electronics and Communications is committed towards building a robust startup ecosystem by boosting local entrepreneurs thus making Goa the most preferred startup destination.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To improve citizens experience in Government transactions by providing single window access to various government services in order to ensure a convenient, hassle free, affordable, time bound and transparent delivery of G2C services.
- To build a robust integrated e-Governance system on a strong network connectivity backbone in all urban and rural areas to address the digital divide and enable seamless service delivery to the citizens.
- To build core infrastructure to host e-governance applications of various departments and provide a secure data center.
- To create an industrial hub with world class infrastructure facility to augment IT industries in the state.
- To promote digital awareness among all sections of the society and empowering citizens by enhancing their IT skills.
- To built a robust start-up eco-system in the state by providing assistance to pioneering Goan entrepreneurs,local start-ups and placing Goa on the IT map of the world.
- To build a pool of Geo- Spatial data to enable the stakeholders in efficient decision making.
- To reach out to citizens through online and offline mode of service delivery at various centers across Goa thereby bridging the gap between Government and citizens of the state.